Monday 19 August 2013

RURAL BROWSING: DAYLESFORD ORGANIC FARM

I've just come back from an amazingly chilled weekend in the Cotswolds. A little pre birthday getaway with my oldest girlfriends to see my parents (who live in Chipping Campden), drink lots of wine, chat endlessly and get some rural R&R. Saturday was the ultimate treat; easing into the day with a massage at Cotswold House Spa (awaraded spa of the year 2013 by LateRooms I just discovered on their website), followed by a dip in the hydrotherapy pool and then a light tapas lunch back at home.

In the afternoon we drove over to my favourite place in The Cotswolds, Daylesford Organic Farm. With it's organic grocery section, bakery, cafe, interiors + gardening offering plus an on site spa and cookery school, Daylesford is the ultimate country lifestyle destination. I'd describe it as 'aspirational'. Sadly the spa and cookery school is a little steep for a girl keeping up with her first time mortgage repayments but browsing the homeware is, for me, the dream afternoon. Pieces which particularly caught my eye included their new mango wood servingware (bowls, giant salad spoons, mortar & pestle etc) and recycled glass vases with a hammered texture to them, each and every one ever so slightly different. Don't leave Daylesford without a coffee and giant scone in the café, served by their strapping waiters (polite Abercrombie & Fitch-esque staff if they enforced a more conservative uniform)!


I couldn't leave Daylesford without treating myself, so opted for their lavender washing-up liquid (kitchen sink accessories don't get finer than this!) and their mango wood cheese / chopping board...

Daylesford Organic Farm
My purchases: Mango wood chopping board and washing-up liquid

If the Cotswolds is a little too far for now, they have a farmshop and café in Pimlico and Notting Hill 
They also sell an edited range of homeware and organic produce on Ocado

No comments:

Post a Comment