Monday 26 August 2013

WEEKEND WONDERS

Saturday was my thirtieth birthday and despite a reluctance to let go of my status as a young twenty-something, turning thirty actually feels curiously good. I won't bore you with the "I really know who I am at 30" chat (although there is some truth in that) but rather than reflecting on what I didn't do in my twenties I am now dead excited about all things I am going to get up to in my thirties. Totally a state of mind I'm sure but it's working for me right now so I'm going to go with it...

Anyway enough of the philosophical chat. After a weekend of being totally spoilt by my loved ones, here is a little round-up of my weekend discoveries and finds...

1. All my birthday goodies- such a sweet surprise.
2. Decorative tiles spotted in the bathroom at one of my favourite 
restaurants Trangallan on Newington Green.
3. Woke up birthday morning to a room filled with white heart shaped balloons and my new 
bohemian rug from Bodie & Fou (handmade in India) which I simply adore.
4. Diptyque's 34 boulevard saint germain candle chosen by my sister-in-law (she read on peg how I one day aspired to fill my home with Diptyque). So thoughtful. Designed to encapsulate the scent of it's first boutique (located on 34 boulevard saint germain, paris) my living room is 
now filled with the aroma of damp mosses, crumpled blackcurrant leaves 
and sun dried fig leaves. And I haven't even lit it yet!
5. Another thoughtful gift... New York print by Rifle from Papermash
6. Saturday night at The Old Vic for Tennessee Williams 
play 'Sweet Bird of Youth' with Kim Cattrall. One word. Gripping.
7. Losing myself in books in the peaceful Daunt Books on Marylebone High Street.
8 & 9. Discovering the vibrance of Peruvian food at the Ceviche restaurant on Frith Street (Soho). Chipper staff, buzzy atmosphere and the best 'don ceviche' (sea bass ceviche) in town. I was even treated to the book, which I'm salivating over right now.
Thank you for such a perfect birthday (you know who you are).
peg x

No comments:

Post a Comment