Sunday 22 September 2013

TENT LONDON TOP 7

I've just got back from Tent London (in Shoreditch) armed with lots of new and inspirational design discoveries (my bag is now a minefield of business cards). Of all the London Design Festival events I'd have to rate Tent as my absolute favourite, in terms of reflecting my own personal taste and affordability (the prices aren't cheap but definitely accessible). Housed within Brick Lane's Old Truman Brewery the plethora of design stands was my idea of interior hedonism! I'm pretty sure I shot close to a 100 pictures this morning so I've made a small pact to myself to edit out the absolute cream of the crop. So here goes, here are my top 7 finds, along with handy links back to their websites if any of them catch your eye. Feast your eyes on this...
1. Elemental coloured ceramics by Jack Doherty (made in porcelain)
2. Handmade ceramic vases by Tortus Copenhagen. Each are entirely 'unika' (Danish term to define craft objects that are entirely unique). Available from Flow Gallery in London.
3. Pendant lights in spalted beech and copper by Tamasine Osher 
(love the knots and lines of the carved wood!)
4. I have seen prints of American artist Kai Samuels Davis online before but it was amazing to see a couple of his small original portraits close up at Tent. 
I find his work very emotive and somewhat spell binding.
5. The Brink area of Tent (showcasing graduate design talent) was top of my list of must-sees. Katie from blog Confessions of a Design Geek has curated her pick of the best, including these unusual copper and marbled boxes by Brazillian designer Carolina Peraca (from Central St Martins). How I'd love one of these to house my earrings and chains. Luxe don't you think?
6. A cluster of handmade lights by aditi studios spoke out to me. His lights are each hand sculpted with a whole host of materials, including glass, paper, mud, steel, brass and iron.
7. 3D wallpaper is such an interesting concept to me, especially when it is done with the refinement of Sara from Seascape Curiosities, using pretty delicate layers of screen printed fabric. 

Today marks the end of the London Design festival. I have to say it's been explosive. All hail #LDF13

Did you go to Tent London? What were your favourite bits? Let's compare notes...

No comments:

Post a Comment