Sunday 15 September 2013

WEEKEND WONDERS: LONDON DESIGN FESTIVAL

Quick weekend check in. Doing some well deserved couch surfing after running around town for the start of the London Design Festival. I now have a potential avalanche of blog content but not sure where to start? I'd really like to give each of my weekend wonders justice so look out for more in depth reviews on the LDF highlights this week. For now, here is a snapshot of where I've been stomping around for the best part of the weekend. You can also follow my whereabouts on instagram here. Hope you enjoy the link sinkers below...
1. Kicking off LDF in Shoreditch. Lunch at new Maison Trois Garcons Café- got lost in a treasure trove of antiques, whilst munching on frittata. Whole separate blog post on this later. You HAVE to go.
2. The London Design Festival Trail begins; grabbed a handy guide in Labour & Wait (Shoreditch)
3. Watching fresh pasta being made in pasta café Burro e Salvia (Shoreditch), whilst looking starry eyed at their cluster of recycled cardboard lights. Which Folklore sell here btw. 
4. Knocked on a somewhat covert door to be welcomed in to the Milk Concept Boutique (near Old Street) - the smell of their scented candles is intoxicating. I fell for Flora in a ceramic vase, decorated in one of the famous Fornasetti (Milanese painter / sculptor) faces. For the London Design Festival Milk have unveiled their striking Adam + Eve inspired Enchanted Garden wallpaper (as shown).
5. I walked past the window of a jaw-droppingly beautiful shop called Story. Sadly it was closed but their clever idea of plonking a fresh pizza in the window to drive people in to their pizzeria (1 door down) must have worked cause we are now planning our return. 
Pizza at Story Deli on Bethnal Green Road now on my bucket list.
6. A trip to Shoreditch High Street wouldn't be complete without dropping in to House of Hackney. Hypnotic prints sent me in a spin. Spent a good 5 minutes exploring their crazy Hackney Empire Wallpaper, featuring their animalistic debauchery. My favourite was the badgers sipping tequila. I just need to grow some interiors balls before I have the courage to plaster it on to my walls!
7. Sunday I had my first trade show experience at Top Drawer at Kensington Olympia. Full round up of design discoveries on the blog this week. The pastel ceramic candlesticks you see before you are from House Doctor. They are trade only but there are heaps of House Doctor stockists across the UK 
including Rockett St George.
Check back here for more London Design Festival reviews v.soon!
Have you been to any of the LDF events? Tell me more below...

No comments:

Post a Comment