Wednesday 13 November 2013

WISHFUL WEDNESDAY: OFF THE HOOK

These past few weeks I've been on the hunt for some hooks to hang up in our miniscule hallway (measuring approx 1.5m x 1m). These seemingly insignificant hooks / pegs are key to the moment people step into our little abode so I'm trying to take my time ('considered purchase'). I'm admittedly a smidgen messy and prone to dumping my coat / bag on the floor when I walk through the door (*past roomies / boyfriend nods knowingly*) so these might be my answer...
Hooks

1. White old fashioned coat hooks £6.00 from Loop the Loop
2. Hooks landscape and beach design £15.00 from Chocolate Creative
3. Driftwood coat hook rack £29.95 from Not On The High Street
4. Rope and metal hook £10.28 from West Elm

My hook tips...
1. Consider what you are hanging and whether the hook is suitable i.e. wide knobs are not practical for hanging coats / jackets as the loop on the nape may not fit over it (causing your coat to fall off - that's annoying) but might work great for bags, especially those with long straps.
2. Consider ease of putting them up. If like me you are a DIY novice those involving 
a simple nail to wall (note option 4) might be your winner.

Any websites of great peg / hook / knobs gratefully received folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment